ANIMATION BLOCK PARTY IS OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Animation Block Party accepts submissions online through withoutabox.com. Please click on the Without A Box link to enter online.
You can also submit a traditional printed PDF form to ABP.
Click here for printable PDF download of ABP entry form.
Early Submissions — Via FTP or Postmarked by February 28, 2013
Regular Submit $25 US Dollars per film
Student Submit (with proof of school ID) $15 US Dollars per film
Standard Submissions — Via FTP or Postmarked by April 29, 2013
Regular Submit $30 US Dollars per film
Student Submit (with proof of school ID) $20 US Dollars per film
Late Submissions — Via FTP or Postmarked by May 31, 2013
Regular Submit $35 US Dollars per film
Student Submit (with proof of school ID) $25 US Dollars per film
Please go to animationblock.com on June 21, 2013 to see if your film has been accepted.
The 10th annual Animation Block Party summer festival will run July 25-28 2013 only in Brooklyn.
Basic Rules of Submission:
ALL animation films must be in the time range of 30 seconds to 30 minutes. Animation only. No live-action. Multimedia pieces containing live-action elements may be considered, but works should be primarily animated.
Please follow all rules regarding ABP submission and fees on the official entry form or Withoutabox entry page. You may submit more than one film, but please submit a separate entry for each film you submit. If sending two or more animations, you may write one total check or money order for all films.
ABP 2013 prizes include software from Toon Boom, Digicel FlipBook, Dragonframe 3.0, designer bags from Crumpler, art supplies from Sakura, ABP DVDs, T-Shirts and a special ABP Production Grant for the winner of Best Student Film.
Filmmakers are encouraged to submit QuickTime files of film entries via FTP sites like wetransfer.com or yousendit.com . Film submission links can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org - if mailing a DVD or CD, please see address at bottom of page.
What to send us and what we'll do with your movie:
- Our submission preference is an NTSC QuickTime burnt onto a CD or DVD. Preferred QuickTime formats are:
- H.264 Compression
- Apple ProRes
- Preferred frame rate is 29.97.
- We cannot play PAL media. Please do not send anything in PAL. DVD's that play universally (all regions) are fine as well, but NTSC works best for us.
- You may also submit your entry on NTSC VHS, but take note of our preferred submission.
- Please be sure to label submission with film title and animator contact information. If submitting more than one short, you must fill out a separate entry form for that film and pay an additional submission fee.
- Do not send us your only copy of your animation. Any materials you send us will not be returned. You will receive a confirmation of your received media through the WAB portal once it has been processed in our system.
- All works, even if mastered on film, will be transferred to a digital stream for the festival.
By entering your animation for consideration, you attest that you hold all right to exhibit the given work. You have read, understand, and agree to all Animation Block Party entry guidelines and requirements
ANIMATION BLOCK MAILING ADDRESS:
Animation Block Party Submissions
1562 First Ave #321
NY, NY 10028
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.